We are hiring!
Profile Quality Assurance Manager
About Daarnhouwer & Co. B.V.
Daarnhouwer is a vibrant company with a long history in international trading and a promising future. Since 1908 Daarnhouwer is an established brand name in originating and supplying specialty cocoa, tree nuts and coffee. We are focussing on long-term reliable partnerships through accurate execution of contracts and agreements. We do so by caring for our customers, the environment, and global staff. We are proud to participate in relevant sustainability schemes that nurture the environment, whilst improving yields and quality.
As a Quality Assurance Manager of Daarnhouwer you are offered the unique opportunity to be part of a swiftly expanding reputable and well-established commodity trade house within the always challenging and fast-paced global food firm industry.
Experience, Skills and Character:
• Strong analytical skills.
• Superb (English) written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Positive attitude, no nine-to-five mentality and willing to go the ‘extra mile’.
• Eager to continuously learn and improve.
• Independent, self-starter but by all means also a team player.
• 5 to 10 years’ experience in the food (trading) industry.
• Extensive knowledge and experience in quality management techniques such as HACCP, BRC and ISO.
• Affinity with agricultural commodities such as Cocoa, Coffee, Nuts, Spices and Tea; experience in the technical aspects in one or more of these commodities is a definite pré.
• To ensure all commodities we trade in meet the contractual, customer and industry specifications and standards by liaising with customers, suppliers and internal desks on quality assurance matters.
• Establishing quality procedures and providing technical recommendations to all trade desks on recalls and non-conforming commodities.
• Monitoring supplier performance by gathering relevant data and producing statistical reports.
• Monitoring quality throughout the supply chain to identify potential risks timely.
• Guiding audits concerning product quality.
• Filling in quality related questionnaires.
• Stay fully informed about all global relevant regulation and legislation concerning the products we trade with, and closely cooperate with several independent laboratories and national/international associations (such as AFI / NZV / ECA / ECF) on quality matters.